26 April 2009

SPRING BREAK 2009 - TRAVELS ACROSS EUROPE

SPRING BREAK

I cannot believe spring break is over already. It flew by and was a blast! I did a lot of things, tried many new things, made many memories, learned a lot about different things and people, and of course had a fantastic time.

So to start, I was a little too anxious to sleep Friday night before break (April 10th). So I had a total of about 3 hours of sleep that night… And needless to say, I didn’t hear my alarm go off at 4:30am when I was supposed to start getting ready. Instead, my alarm consisted of Sarah knocking on my door at about 5:15am. We had to leave our apartments by 5:30 in order to make it to the airport on time and make sure we had enough time to find the gate. I got ready in about 10 minutes and Sarah and I were off to find a cab at 5:30am on what seemed like a deserted street. We finally got a cab and made it to the airport before 6:00am so we were doing perfect on timing.

Security was a breeze and we found our gate and had over 30 minutes to spare before boarding! We finally boarded the plane and I thought about going to sleep but realized that the flight was going to be about 30 minutes and it would be along the coastline. It was clear skies the whole morning so we could see the coast the entire way to Athens – Amazing view!

We landed in Athens, found our next gate and had over 1.5 hours before boarding our next flight to ROME, ITALY. We both were hungry because we had not had time to eat breakfast (well at least I didn’t – haha). I saw a McDonald’s on the way to the gate and was somewhat excited because we were going to be able to get breakfast! I really just wanted a pancake but of course, they didn’t have those… Just Egg McMuffins – it was good but just not the same! After we ate, we went back to our gate to wait, and wait, and wait…

It finally boarded and Sarah and I were sleeping before takeoff. It was kind of funny because the flight attendant had to wake me up (more like shake me a bit) so I would put my purse under my seat. I had to do the same to Sarah because she was out as well! Oh well, I was back out again in about 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment