02 May 2009

Cuz I'm Free.... FREE FALLIN'... into the Corinth Canal!!!

SATURDAY, MAY 2, 2009

So I experienced the most amazing/exhilarating felling in the world today! Here is the 10-step recipe for it.
  • Take the 6.5 hour night bus to Athens with three other friends– don’t sleep for more than 30 minutes
  • Then try to go to the bathroom at the bus station in Athens – and have the bathroom manager ask you for 1 euro so you can use the toilet paper she pulls off the roll for you
  • Leave the bathroom and find some Kleenexes
  • Then go back into the bathroom and use Kleenexes instead of toilet paper
  • Oh, but be careful because you have to pee into the hole in the floor. There were no toilets in the stalls; just holes in the ground.
  • Wait in the bus station for another 3 hours because you have to wait for the Zulu Bungy Jumping place to open
  • Then hop on the bus to go to the Corinth Canal…

The Beautiful Corinth Canal!

Lea Isakson and I reassuring ourselves that we are going to jump off a platform and plunge toward a canal.

The Canal from where we jumped - the previous picture was from the bridge above us!

  • Find Zulu Bungy after walking around for a little while

  • Get suited up and make sure all of your harnesses are tight!

Signing my LIFE away!!!

Getting suited up and harnessed in!

  • Now you are ready to bungy jump off a bridge into the Corinth Canal. Don't get nervous because of the height... The feeling is amazing!

It was a little bright out! Perfect day to go bungy jumping!!!


Me and my two instructors. The instructor on the right has been running this business for over 20 years and has bungy jumped over 2000 times!!!

Getting the rope hooked to my ankle braces!

Almost ready to plunge off the platform!

Leaping off the platform... I got a good push off the platform and was able to touch the water with my hands!!!

Look Everyone... No Hands!!!

Emerging from underneath the bridge, where the platform was! My adrenaline is soaring through the roof right now!

We all DID IT! We all Jumped into the Corinth Canal!!!

I cannot believe how amazing the feeling is! You don’t have a care in the world. I seriously thought I was going to chicken out the whole time. I kept saying how excited I was and how amazing it was going to feel but I just had this strange feeling that I wouldn’t be able to leap off the platform! BUT I DID and it FELT AMAZING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment