22 February 2009

Spring Break and Other Travel Plans!

I am officially going to ROME, ITALY for the first couple of days for spring break; I just booked my flight on Friday! I am so EXCITED! We are booking the rest of the flights today!

Spring break here runs from April 11 - 26. Sarah Frost, Dewey Thoner, Annie Mahoney, and I are going to:

1. Rome, Italy (April 11 - 14) - Sarah and I are going to Rome and Annie and Dewey are heading to Cairo, Egypt!

2. Barcelona, Spain (April 15 - 17) - Dewey and Annie are meeting us here!

3. Paris, France (April 18 - 20)

4. Dublin, Ireland (April 21 - 22)

5. London, England (23 - 26) One of our friends from UWEC is studying abroad in London for the semester and we are going to meet up with her and then she is going to fly back to Thessaloniki with us and spend some time in Greece with us!!!

I can not believe how cheap the flights are over here. Seriously the killer is just getting from the US to Europe. My flight to Rome is $180 - the most expensive; and my flight from Dublin to London is $15 (no joke) - cheapest flight. All of the other ones are close to $35! It is amazing how cheap they are. All in all the total of my flights is less than $500. It is rediculous - but believe me I am not complaining one bit!!!

April and May are going to be my busiest traveling months! Along with the Spring Break Plans, we have a trip organized through school that goes to Athens, Greece (April 2 - 4)!

Then in May;

1. The first weekend (May 1 - 3) is another trip organized through school - we are going to Mykonos. It is one of the most famous of the Greek Islands.

2. May 9 - Contemporary Art Museum Tour

3. May 10 - Halkidiki Beach Day - Sarah, Dewey, Annie, and Stephanie (Sarah's Roommate) are heading here for the day! Hopefully going to catch some rays!!!

4. May 16 - 17 - Mt. Olympus Field Trip - This is another field trip organized through school!We are going to hike 2-3 miles up Mt. Olympus!

5. May 23 - 25 - Santorini - This area is what I always thought of when I thought of Greece.... It is the area that you always see in movies - White buildings with Blue roofs!

6. May 31 - We are heading back to Halkidiki for my 21st BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION!!!

That is it for now!
Τα λέμε!

No comments:

Post a Comment